Monday, May 17, 2010

Psalm 101

I just got back from Bethesda, the healing for partners workshop and I learned so much that I am still trying to wrap my head around. I met so many amazing women and am thankful for some healing time for myself and a chance to understand my own destructive behaviors in how I relate in my marriage. The focus was on becoming a healthy person, trusting God and getting to the show-up point, not crazy, for your husband. Not controlling or going down into the "rabbit hole" of craziness, but understanding your part and your reactions in getting to a point where you can have true intimacy with your husbands and YOU are healthy, whether they get there or not you will know by their behaviors and won't spent countless hours "looking" for clues. The last thing I wrote in my journal was "who am I going to be?" not realizing that I had even written that question several days ago, I opened my Bible and it was Psalm 101. God said "this is who you are going to be" to me. I then went to journal what He had spoken and found the question I had written days before. WOW! That is God. So my prayer is that I can be this- A women who walks with Integrity.
I Will Walk with Integrity
A Psalm of David.
101:1 I will sing of steadfast love and justice;to you, O Lord, I will make music.2 I will ponder the way that is blameless.Oh when will you come to me?I will walk with integrity of heart within my house;3 I will not set before my eyes anything that is worthless.I hate the work of those who fall away;it shall not cling to me.4 A perverse heart shall be far from me;I will know nothing of evil.
5 Whoever slanders his neighbor secretlyI will destroy.Whoever has a haughty look and an arrogant heart I will not endure.
6 I will look with favor on the faithful in the land,that they may dwell with me;he who walks in the way that is blameless shall minister to me. (this for me is going to Recovery Meetings and walking with other women who have gone before me.)
7 No one who practices deceit shall dwell in my house;no one who utters lies shall continue before my eyes.
8 Morning by morning I will destroy all the wicked in the land,cutting off all the evildoers from the city of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment