Monday, July 11, 2011

Eucharisteo

I borrowed 1,000 Gifts, the book by Ann Voskamp, from a friend. So far it is refreshing and runs right along with a tool I learned in the early days through AA, make a gratitude list when you are in self-pity or viewing life as an debbie-downer. It helped me greatly in the early days of sobriety, not instantly, but did provide a different perspective and the good things about my life. Not knowing I am reading this, my mentor from our marriage group, challenged me today to make a list of the positive about my hubby, so my mind (as we continue to work on our "new dance" in communicating and living life together) could stay focused on the positive and I could hopefully stay in a more compassionate state of mind. Brilliant timing.

Back to the book, as I was reading tonight, she says "To name a thing is to manifest the meaning and value God gave it. " AND " In naming that which is right before me, that which I'd otherwise might miss, the invisible becomes visible." So, my list begins and I am not assuming this to be the answer, but obviously feel strongly I should give it a whirl. Maybe it will help drown out the lies that Satan whispers to me about my marriage. So here we go....

My Eucharisteo (Thanksgiving) for my hubby... for today.


  1. He engaged with the children in imaging in the 100 degree heat on the trampoline

  2. He checked in with me

  3. He washed my dirty dishes and filled my dishwasher twice :)

  4. He bathed and put the kids down and told me I could go to a meeting

  5. He engaged my mother at lunch

  6. He hung my mirror

  7. He grilled out dinner for us

  8. He was thoughtful in asking if I minded if he had a beer while he grilled

  9. He kept the kids, while he worked from home, as I ran to a shop with my mom

and more to come in future days......

No comments:

Post a Comment