Saturday, August 7, 2010

One year and eight days

So the sobriety day came and went. It was wonderful. So thankful for family and friends who have walked through the valley with me this past year. I am a new creation ONLY by His grace. My husband gave me a ballon, flowers and a card. My mom came to an AA meeting that I led and LOVED it. My small group prayed over me, baked me a cake, got me flowers and each wrote me a personal note. It was all so amazing and I am grateful, very, very grateful.
On the marriage front things are well. The days have passed of the deep, deep pain and grief. I have and did grieve for sure and am thankful I am no longer "barely" making it. We are communicating better, engaging better and learning to live our new life. It is not easy, but it is beautiful and it all points to God and miracles. There are days that are better than others, but the good days are far more frequent than the bad. Trust is being rebuilt and we have a long way to go, but today we are making it and doing well. I can only pray it continues.
One thing I do know is, pink clouds don't last forever, nor does the darkest day. Life is a roller coaster that is filled with surprise drops and turns and I have to be thankful for the good and accept and deal with the bad in the best way possible with God's help. Surrendering my control and need to know what is going to happen I can accept life's joys and sorrows as they come. The song that has meant and still means so much to me"Blessed be your name"....
Blessed be Your name When the sun's shining down on me, When the world's 'all as it should be 'Blessed be Your name,
Blessed be Your name On the road marked with suffering, Though there's pain in the offering, Blessed be Your name."
He is the Lord God Almighty. Who am I to question His plans for my life and my days.

No comments:

Post a Comment