Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy Valentines Day

So tomorrow is Valentine’s Day.( Saint Valentine's Day, commonly shortened to Valentine's Day, is an annual commemoration held on February 14 celebrating love and affection between intimate companions). So I tried to surprise her and after texting 7 babysitters, finally found one willing to come tomorrow. We never get babysitters and therefore I know she will be surprised by this. I wanted to take her to the King Speech, but wasn’t sure if she would want dinner, so I went ahead and called her to ask her on a date and see if she wanted to do dinner too. It’s Valentine’s Day, what husband wouldn’t want to take her wife on a date…..Well, it turns out she and a few other women (WIVES) had gotten together and decided that this day wasn’t that special and they were all going to get together and spend time with some less fortunate women who wouldn’t have anyone on Valentines (which is another beautiful thing about my wife) and make them feel special….so…..

What have I and other husbands done that we take our wives for granted. (I know I am not the only husband who does this because she is hanging out with other wives). Why is it that we pursue and buy flowers, and make a big deal about Valentines when we are courting our wives, but now, almost ten years later, she isn’t expecting anything...

I really want my wife to know how special she is to me; I want her to never feel like life with me is just another day. I want her to “Be My Valentine”… a little cheesy I know, but I am shocked at how bad I have neglected my wife and I truly desire and want to be with her, and to cherish her… she has never been cherished by me..She is very worthy to be cherished….I hope next Valentine’s Day we will celebrate the love and affection between two intimate companions)

-c

No comments:

Post a Comment