Sunday, December 26, 2010

Merry Christmas

As the snow continues to fall here I am reminded of God's graciousness and love for sinners like me. It is beautiful and refreshing and reminds me His mercies are new every morning. It is a gift to have little snowflakes falling on Christmas. A rare experience you get in the south on Christmas day. Christmas for me this year was so joyful in celebrating the birth of our Savior. A tiny babe who was sent to this earth not with trumpets sounding, people celebrating or a big welcome party, but on a dark, dark night in a manger, surrounded by smelly animals with a mother and father who were barely teenagers. A blog I read quoted 1 Corinthians 1:27 "God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong." Enough said.
Praise God for Jesus and our family! What a miracle it is that we can celebrate all together as a family and that we have Jesus slowly rebuilding our lives. Our children are benefiting from His work in our marriage. We are together as a couple and therefore together as a family. Although, it is not perfect and there is still disappointment and sadness that lingers, there is a hope. A hope that was given by the little babe born many years ago. Talking to my sponsor the other day she was talking about when she abides in Him, His love is perfected in her. I have no need to fear or to be angry, I can abide trusting He is moving and working and in control. Abiding constantly is hard, but when I do I know it. When I fail to abide I feel it, emotionally and physically.
I pray I may be mindful of that tiny babe -constantly- who came to give me life to the fullest. My husband, my children, my friends can not fill the void, only He can fill it and by abiding in Him I quit searching for something to feel that. I love seeing my children excited, hearing their screams of delight, seeing their innocent faces, having engaging conversations and fun times with my husband, but ultimately these are gifts I am able to receive, grateful for, but they aren't where the joy of my soul comes from. That comes only from my Lord and Savior and the rest are extras. I am thankful for Christmas as a reminded of the greatest gift fallen humanity could ever receive. It is mind boggling to think about and grasp! So thankful God is not silent anymore and that he lives and breathes true life, joy and contentment into the very depths of my soul. I pray everyone may experience such a spiritual awakening and have a "second journey" in their life, whatever that may bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment