Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Putting on my armor!

I picked up a pamphlet at Church on Praying God's Word for your Children. I have used it for praying for them, but also have used it for praying for me and my husband. One scripture that I am committing to pray every morning for myself, and the days I do I have had deep peace is...
Eph 6:10-11, 14-18
10Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes.
14Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.
The bold words are the ones I really love and mean the most to me. Satan daily shoots flaming arrows at me and if I do not have my shield of faith up, they wound me. When I am constantly aware that Satan is out to deceive me it is much easier to be prepared for his cunning, whispering lies that try to pierce my heart and send me into dark places. I love also, that the scripture says to pray on all occasions with ALL kinds of prayers and request. Then it reminds me to also pray for others, which is a key part of recovery- getting out of self.
Here is what the armor looks like for me.
Belt of truth- that my husband is in recovery and sober, does love me, I am a child of the King and our marriage is being restored.
Breastplate of righteousness- that I may have a truthful heart before God so I can act with honesty and integrity towards others.
Feet fitted for readiness- that I be in God's word daily so I am prepared for the enemy's attacks.
The Shield of faith- for me to firmly believe that God is good and wants the best for me and my family, that He is moving and working.
Helmet of salvation- knowing and resting in Jesus being my Savior and Redeemer.
Sword of the Spirit- combating Satan, when I begin to worry which leads to fear and doubt, with praying and reading His word.

No comments:

Post a Comment