Saturday, April 24, 2010

Renewing our Vows

I woke up this morning so grateful. So thankful that God has been fruitful to me in the land of my affliction. At peace and feeling His love and His presence. I am ready to start thinking about and planning when and what we want it to look like when we renew our vows. My upmost desire is that God will get the glory. That our friends and family who attend will be able to feel God and His presence and through it draw closer to Him in their own spiritual walk. I want it to be a praise and celebration time, to show others God can take two sinners, redeem their lives, change their hearts and that ONLY He can do it. I would not be where I am today with out Him. Without having clung to Him and having complete faith He can use our dirty rags and wash them clean, without a trace of the old.
We are two different people. 8 1/2 years ago we made vows to each other that have been broken. We have not fulfilled what we promised each other. We have not been faithful to each other, I had an 8 year affair with "King alcohol" and have not been the wife God desires me to be. I was not present, for sure emotionally, and a lot of times physically. I pray that it will be a ceremony of hope and this time I KNOW it will be different. God is shaping and molding us into who HE has always known we could be and has wanted us to be. Not sure when, not sure where it will be, but know that I want it to be so special and beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment