Monday, March 15, 2010

Date Night

Well, we went out Friday night to Taziki's and to see Alice in Wonderland. Dinner was very difficult. My wife was very upset and sad that our date couldn't be what she always dreamed our dates would be like after 8 years of marriage. That we weren't having intimate conversations. I too am very sad about this...

It's only been 4.5 months since I confessed to her, so date nights are going to be hard for a while. I am just very thankful that she would even go on a date with me... it's almost like we are starting over, and the truth is, we are.... but the difference this time is that she is on a date with someone who only wants to be with her and no one else in that room, or in the whole world for that matter. I know she can't believe that, but my heart feels it. What happens when you lift these addictions that we use to cope with our past pains, we begin to feel the pains, and we begin to heal. Then we begin to feel real feelings.... I have those feelings now when I am with my wife... It's going to be a LONG time before she can believe this, but I know what's going on in my heart and I LOVE IT!..... in fact, I love HER!

-C

No comments:

Post a Comment