Thursday, March 25, 2010

Walking the road of freedom

Today has been a day of blessings. My step study, lunch with my sponsor, a good conversation with my husband and a great AA meeting followed by a rainbow representing God's promises. I wept as I drove through the rain down 280. I was so overwhelmed with God, His grace and His blessings. As I walked up to the AA meeting I felt so overwhelmed with God's grace of being sober 8 months. When I first went to that meeting it was more a walk a shame. I could not imagine actually wanting to skip and run with joy 8 months later, unashamed and set free to that very same meeting place. A friend of mine shared that when my husband confessed that he really didn't think I would make it 2 weeks without drinking, and that I am proof that God still works miracles. How true he is. I have hung on by my pinkie finger nail at times, but I have been held by God and His undying love for me and grace. I have walked through the valley of the shadow of death, I have been swept out to sea and yet He was with me the whole time whispering "just hold on to Me." It feels amazing to be free. Free from alcohol, free from anger, free from self...today I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment