Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Zechariah

This morning I opened my Bible to Zechariah. Here is the encouragement from Zechariah- "They will pass through the sea of trouble...I will strengthen them in the Lord and in his name they will walk." 10:11-12
Here is the challenge "This is what the Lord Almighty says: 'Administer true justice; show mercy and compassion to one another...In your hearts do not think evil of each other."'" 7:9-10
Here is the reflection- "Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit," says the Lord Almighty. 4:6
I needed to read this to start my day off right and am thankful God showed me these verses.
As the holidays are here and I am dealing with this, I see God's hand in the timing of it all. Oct 30th was the date I found out, Halloween was the next day so for the children's sake we had to trick-or-treat and I had to gather my self together. Our anniversary was Nov 3rd, I sat with our long time counselor in his office that evening trying to process it all. The baby turned 1 the 6th, our oldest turned 6 the 10th, I had a Star Wars party to plan and host and then we went for a week for Thanksgiving to my sister's in Wheaton. My husband's grandmother died the 11th and we have just gotten back from the funeral, 2 Christmas programs in two days and Christmas and New Years coming along with my sister and her family arriving in town to celebrate. I share the timeline and events to show His graciousness in a full packed schedule. I do not do well sitting and thinking. I think way too much, so the timing of it all "coming to the light" I feel is such a gift. I am tired and have had many sleepless nights, but He has continued to give me strength.
My parents are meeting with my husband tonight and that should be interesting and hard for everyone. Prayer is needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment